MOUNTAIN PARK JOBS
The mission of Mountain Park Church is to invite the distracted and the disinterested to realize their role in God’s story. The Facilities Manager walks out this mission by managing the MPC facilities in a manner that honors God and represents His character to our community. The Facilities Manager manages and controls the day-to-day operations of the church building, grounds and facility. The Facilities Manager leads and manages the facilities department through a highly organized team, strong preventive maintenance program, creative engineering, daily event support and positive coaching of team and volunteers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead and manage the facilities department
- Maintain a personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ that sets an example for those we serve and aligns with the mission and beliefs of Mountain Park Church.
- Consistently cast and implement clear vision for facilities management as an expression of our mission and a ministry to our church and community
- Manage and lead the Facilities Team to include but not limited to hiring, scheduling, distribution of duties, coaching, training, performance reviews, discipline and termination when necessary
- Set goals and objectives for facilities department and its members
- Meet regularly with Facilities Team to provide ongoing coaching, feedback and leadership
- Responsible for the development and management of the facilities budget
- Recruit and empower volunteers to lead events and build community
- Delegate responsibilities to volunteers from among the congregation or to paid labor, vendors and/or contractors
Direct day-to-day operations of the church building, grounds and facility
- Manage and oversee church maintenance, repairs, and improvements
- Maintain a clear and efficient process for maintenance/improvement requests from staff that includes documentation, manage deadlines, communicates progress to stakeholders, and verifies the quality of work
- Manage utility services, including internet, telephone, natural gas, electrical power, water, irrigation and sewer services
- Manage facilities low-voltage special systems such as security system, access control system, HVAC energy management system, building-site lighting and irrigation controls
- Manage vendor contracts for cleaning, landscape, HVAC, security and other utilities
- Coordinate set-up and tear down for all meetings, special events, rentals, and Sunday events to include but not limited to setting up and removing tables, chairs, linens and any other equipment used (such as TV, DVD, Roku, flip charts, etc.)
- Assist in management of outside rental and internal reservation processes and procedures including:
- Approval of room, resource, and room set up requests
- Meeting with stakeholders to ensure all needs are met
- Keeping a “big picture” perspective to ensure that events do not create conflict in facility such (e.g. parking lot, time for set up and tear down, etc.)
- Recruit and develop volunteer teams and leaders who take responsibility for the facilities and complete tasks and projects as appropriate – this could include a regular “crew” that has a regular schedule as well as designated “work days” throughout the year where volunteers help with prepared projects (such as decorating the building for Christmas).
- Manage storage of replacement finishes such as tile, carpet, paint, ceiling tiles, etc.
- Manage the daily opening and closing of the facilities
- Store and control furniture and equipment
Manage all safety and equipment inspections
- Ensure all staff and new employees are trained in evacuation and emergency situations.
- Perform regular fire alarms
- Monthly elevator fire inspections and AED inspections
- Maintain and record Special Inspection and Material Testing logs
- Implement and operate a preventative maintenance program
- Maintain annual certifications for regulated systems like the elevator, exhaust hood, fire extinguishers, fire alarm, fire sprinkler, etc.
- Keep and maintain warranties, maintenance logs, records and expenses
- Ensure kitchen & cafe are following health department rules & regulations
- Ensure all OSHA regulations are followed
- Provide security as needed during meetings and events
- Assist as needed with volunteer Crisis Response Team
- Manage building access, including the distribution, logging, and collection of key cards and keys
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelors Degree in ministry related field preferred
- Essential Experience
- 1-3 years of management experience and proven leadership skills
- At least 5 years of related facilities and project manager experience
- Preferred Experience
- Previous experience in a trade such as carpentry, electrical, HVAC, plumbing or landscaping
- Previous experience working for a church or large facility
- Skilled and experienced in recruiting and leading volunteers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND/OR ABILITY
- Proficient computer skills, experience with or ability to learn Mac software. Ability to learn new software programs quickly.
- Highly developed verbal, written and telephone communication skills with the ability to act on both a professional and personal level.
- Operates well independently with minimal direction/supervision, as well as within a team.
- Strong relationship and conflict resolutions skills
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Multi-tasking ability and attention to detail is essential.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously under time constraints
- Dependable, responsible and self-motivated
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements and laws
- Able to operate small machinery and tools
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, kneel and stand for extended periods of time. Frequent climbing ladders is required
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds and to have complete mobility in building and grounds
Essential Qualities for growing in your role
- Authentic dedication to spiritual maturity in Christ with a track record of Christ-like behavior, including:
- Knowing the Story
- Trusting the Author
- Living with Margin
- Thriving in my Family Role
- Thriving in my Kingdom Role
- Commitment to MPC’s mission, values, and leadership. This includes embracing and encouraging a culture that is:
- Safe yet Dangerous
- Fun yet Intentional
- Confident yet Humble
- Personal drive to be a self-starter with initiative and a strong work ethic
- Enthusiasm and joy – a naturally “bright” face and smile
- Emotional and relational intelligence
- Personal pursuit of healthy biblical relationships
- Ability to collaborate and be team player
- Positive attitude that motivates and encourages others
- Additional projects and responsibilities may be necessary as requested by the Senior Pastor or Executive Pastor
- Job descriptions at MPC are fluid - meaning this job description represents the minimum expectations when it comes to tasks and areas you may be working in. The reality is that we work as a team and there are numerous other tasks that will require the participation of the person holding this position
Are you interested?
Please FILL OUT writeable PDF, SAVE IT, and EMAIL IT along with your resume to email@example.com
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.