MOUNTAIN PARK JOBS
Technical Production Director
The mission of Mountain Park Church is to invite the distracted and the disinterested to realize their role in God’s story. As a leader within our Worship Arts department, the Technical Production Director fulfills this mission by providing spiritual, creative, and administrative leadership for Sunday morning production with a special emphasis on audio production. This position serves as the executive producer for Sunday morning with direct leadership of all audio production, and contributes to additional creative elements within the Worship Arts Ministry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Spiritual, Organizational, and Creative Leadership
- Maintain a personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ that sets an example for those we serve and aligns with the teachings and beliefs of MPC
- Consistently cast a clear, Christ centered visions for production that furthers the mission of the Worship Arts Ministry and Mountain Park Church as a whole
- Understand and advocate for the mission, values, and strategies of MPC
- Define, document, and track annual, quarterly, and weekly goals for production
- Recruit, train, and develop growing leaders and teams who take ownership of the ministry and effectively carry out their responsibilities
- Participate in and contribute to weekly creative and communication meetings, leading within the areas of production and other projects for which you are assigned responsibility.
- Collaborate with other members of the Worship Arts team to develop set designs and other creative elements for Sunday services and special events
- Provide input and recommendations for additional equipment needs and purchases, while maintaining equipment in proper working condition.
- Create, direct, coordinate, and/or lead creative elements as assigned; this may include drama, spoken word, video, testimonies, interactive games, scripture readings, comic segments (such as a top ten list), parodies, etc.
Executive Producer for Sunday Mornings and Special Events
- Participate in and administrate the Production Programming process.
- Manage the service flow/execution of weekend services (including Sunday morning rehearsals) and schedule others to serve within this role on a rotational basis.
- Assist with communicating the details of services during a weekly production meeting.
- Identify, communicate and resolve logistic/execution issues with the production/worship team.
- Able to lead and serve in all production related areas (lights, video, projection, etc.) as needed.
- Provide production leadership (lighting, video, projection, audio) for other ministries within the church; among other things, this may include creating videos, programming lights, preparing slides, and/or providing onsite support during events
- Troubleshoot IT problems as related to production, work with IT contractor to resolve major issues as needed
Direct Leadership of Audio Production
- Maintain all audio technical production systems, provide support and training to all Mountain Park venues (main auditorium, students, kids):
- Coordinate frequencies for wireless equipment
- Monitor, maintain, troubleshoot, repair, replace, upgrade audio systems
- Frequently serve as FOH audio engineer for adult Sunday services
- Ensure a quality broadcast mix for live streaming.
- Coordinate audio production volunteer teams to staff all of the needed audio technical production positions on campus
- Participate in all mid-week and Sunday rehearsals for adult services to ensure high quality sound engineering
- Successfully format and play back various recorded media elements in live events.
- Manage, organize, and archive multi-track audio files.
- Quickly and correctly operate audio technical production equipment.
- Approve, lead, and schedule audio setup, strike down, and support of equipment for events at Mountain Park through Church Community Builder (weddings, Funerals, bible studies, occasional outside events, etc.).
- Oversight of all audio broadcast feeds, including live feeds for venues (lobby, overflow) and online streaming as well as recorded feeds for rebroadcast; this includes responsibility for all networking and patching
- Consult and lead in audio technical production designs, installs, or upgrades for all venues at Mountain Park.
- Participate in creative planning to plan and prepare for services and events.
- Create and model a culture of positivity that strives for excellence and regular improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in related field
- Essential Experience
- At least 2 years hands-on experience with audio systems in a live production environment
- At least 2 years live production experience
- Preferred Experience
- 5 years experience with FOH audio systems, including Allen and Heath DLive C3500 Digital Console and Allen and Heath GLD80 Digital Console
- 2 years experience with lighting consoles, including Grand Master Grand MA 2 Console
- 2 years experience with camera and video equipment, including Panasonic AW-HE120KP, Panasonic Remote Camera Controller AW-RP120, Panasonic Live Video Switcher AV-HS410
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND/OR ABILITY
- Expertise with FOH audio and systems is essential
- Digital Audio Networks (Dante and Digico)
- Waves plugins for live environments
- Ableton and Logic Pro
- PVP, ARKAOS, and ProPresenter Media servers and graphics display systems
- Adobe graphics and Video Suites (preferred)
- Planning Center Online
- ProVideoPlayer and/or Resolume
- Proficient computer skills in Mac software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Passion for helping people
- Confidentiality, emotional and relational intelligence
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written communications
- Attention to detail is essential
- Collaborative team player who naturally motivates and encourages others
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Effective communicator and relationship building skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously under time constraints
- Dependable, responsible and self-motivated
- Ability to make independent decisions and work with minimal supervision
Essential Qualities for growing in your role
- Authentic dedication to spiritual maturity in Christ with a track record of Christ-like behavior, including:
- Knowing the Story
- Trusting the Author
- Living with Margin
- Thriving in my Family Role
- Thriving in my Kingdom Role
- Commitment to MPC’s mission, values, and leadership. This includes embracing and encouraging a culture that is:
- Safe yet Dangerous
- Fun yet Intentional
- Confident yet Humble
- Personal drive to be a self-starter with initiative and a strong work ethic
- Enthusiasm and joy – a naturally “bright” face and smile
- Emotional and relational intelligence
- Personal pursuit of healthy biblical relationships
- Ability to collaborate and be team player
- Positive attitude that motivates and encourages others
- Additional projects and responsibilities may be necessary as requested by the Senior Pastor or Executive Pastor
- Job descriptions at MPC are fluid - meaning this job description represents the minimum expectations when it comes to tasks and areas you may be working in. The reality is that we work as a team and there are numerous other tasks that will require the participation of the person holding this position
Are you interested?
Please FILL OUT writeable PDF, SAVE IT, and EMAIL IT along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
Mountain Park Church is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity Employer