MOUNTAIN PARK JOBS
Visual Production Director
The mission of Mountain Park Church is to invite the distracted and the disinterested to realize their role in God’s story. As a leader within our Worship Arts department, the Visual Production Director fulfills this mission by providing spiritual, creative, and administrative leadership for the visual arts ministry. This position leads all visual arts volunteers and is responsible for all deliverables related to creative visual elements (video, projected media, lighting, photography, stage sets) and contributes to additional creative elements within the Worship Arts Ministry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Spiritual, Organizational, and Creative Leadership
- Maintain a personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ that sets an example for those we serve and aligns with the teachings and beliefs of MPC.
- Consistently cast a clear, Christ centered visions for visual production that furthers the mission of the Worship Arts Ministry and Mountain Park Church as a whole.
- Understand and advocate for the mission, values, and strategies of MPC.
- Define, document, and track annual, quarterly, and weekly goals for visual production.
- Recruit, train, and develop growing leaders and teams who take ownership of the ministry and effectively carry out their responsibilities; this includes lighting, photography, projection, and all phases of live, pre, or post video production.
- Participate in and contribute to weekly creative and communication meetings, leading within the areas of visual arts which relates to videos, motion graphics, stage design, and other projects for which you are assigned responsibility.
- Lead the charge in developing scenic looks for Mountain Park venues, collaborating with other members of the Worship Arts team to develop set designs and other environmental elements for Sunday services and special events.
- Create, direct, coordinate, and/or lead creative elements as assigned; this may include drama, spoken word, video, testimonies, interactive games, scripture readings, comic segments (such as a top ten list), parodies, etc.
Direct Leadership of Creative Visual Elements
- Design, build, and program all projection elements for services and special events – including motion graphics, slides, and environmental projection
- Edit and manipulate graphic designs - may also include creating graphic designs to supplement work being done by our contracted graphic design service.
- Create and direct videos for worship services, and special events (announcements, testimonies, song support, stand-alones, etc.), including writing, shooting, and editing.
- Design, program, and execute stage lighting for services and special events
- Lead the construction and installation of stage sets that support the series themes and/or content
- Direct visual media (lighting, video, projection) for other ministries within the church as needed; among other things, this may include providing onsite leadership and support for visual production during events, creating videos, programming lights, and/or preparing visual media
- Maintain a digital media production calendar to track the progress of all projects (sermon support materials, testimonial videos, event promotions, mission trip reports, etc.)
- Incorporate visual arts elements (projection, video, lighting) during mid-week and Sunday rehearsals to ensure the best possible experience for services and events
- Identify, cultivate, storyboard, capture, and edit compelling stories of Mountain Park people who embody our vision to Make A Memory, Make A Friend, and Make A Difference
- Oversee all aspects of Mountain Park’s Live & Pre-Produced video production team.
- Ensure successful Sunday message capture, streaming, broadcasting delivery, and archiving.
- Maintain, repair, replace all media, lighting, and projection equipment as needed; make recommendations for upgrades and improvements
- Oversight of all video/media broadcast feeds, including live feeds for venues (lobby, overflow) and online streaming as well as recorded feeds for rebroadcast; this includes responsibility for all networking and patching
- Keep production suite current by presenting a professional working environment and maintaining accurate equipment inventory.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in related field
- Essential Experience
- 2 years of live production experience (theatre, church, performance venues, etc.)
- 2 years of videography (both directing and editing) experience
- 2 years experience working with stage lighting (hang, focus, patch, program, etc.)
- Preferred Experience
- 5 years experience with lighting consoles, including Grand Master Grand MA 2 Console
- 5 years experience with cameras and video equipment, including the Panasonic AW-HE120KP, Panasonic Remote Camera Controller AW-RP120, Panasonic Live Video Switcher AV-HS410
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND/OR ABILITY
- Adobe graphics and video suites (including After Effects)
- PVP, ARKAOS, and ProPresenter Media servers and graphics display systems
- Planning Center Online
- ProVideo Player and/or Resolume
- Proficient computer skills in Mac software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Passion for helping people
- Confidentiality, emotional and relational intelligence
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written communications
- Attention to detail is essential
- Collaborative team player who naturally motivates and encourages others
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Effective communicator and relationship building skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously under time constraints
- Dependable, responsible and self-motivated
- Ability to make independent decisions and work with minimal supervision
Essential Qualities for growing in your role
- Authentic dedication to spiritual maturity in Christ with a track record of Christ-like behavior, including:
- Knowing the Story
- Trusting the Author
- Living with Margin
- Thriving in my Family Role
- Thriving in my Kingdom Role
- Commitment to MPC’s mission, values, and leadership. This includes embracing and encouraging a culture that is:
- Safe yet Dangerous
- Fun yet Intentional
- Confident yet Humble
- Personal drive to be a self-starter with initiative and a strong work ethic
- Enthusiasm and joy – a naturally “bright” face and smile
- Emotional and relational intelligence
- Personal pursuit of healthy biblical relationships
- Ability to collaborate and be team player
- Positive attitude that motivates and encourages others
- Additional projects and responsibilities may be necessary as requested by the Senior Pastor or Executive Pastor
- Job descriptions at MPC are fluid - meaning this job description represents the minimum expectations when it comes to tasks and areas you may be working in. The reality is that we work as a team and there are numerous other tasks that will require the participation of the person holding this position
Are you interested?
Please FILL OUT writeable PDF, SAVE IT, and EMAIL IT along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
Mountain Park Church is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity Employer